Re: Default anchored frame position

At 08:39 AM 6/10/2005, Steve Whitlatch wrote:
Thanks for your thorough explanation of "notation." Apparently my use of
"notation" in the following read/write rule is not right. Before I go through
the trouble of re-opening the structured app and testing the change, can you
tell me what I risk by simply eliminating the "notation" part of the
"notation attribute 'align' " line below?

        element "imagedata"
          {
            is fm graphic element "imagedata";
            notation attribute "align"
              {
                is fm property alignment;
                value "left" is fm property value align left;
                value "center" is fm property value align center;
                value "right" is fm property value align right;
              }
            attribute "fileref" is fm property file;
            attribute "entityref"
              {
                is fm property entity;
                is fm attribute;
              }
            attribute "width" is fm property width;
            attribute "depth" is fm property height;
            attribute "role" is fm property import size;
            attribute "condition" is fm property cropped;
          }

Steve,
If you remove the word "notation" in the above rule, you should not see any difference in generated XML.
--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development, and training
lprice@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505 cell phone: (510) 421-2284