Re: Default anchored frame position

On Friday 10 June 2005 06:52 am, Lynne A. Price wrote:

> Read/write rules similar to those in your previous message are used to
> set anchored frame properties during XML import; Stephane, however, was
> asking for a method of setting defaults that would be used when she created
> new anchored frames when editing FrameMaker documents.

Yes, my mistake. I was trying to suggest ways of translating import XML
attribute values to fm anchored frame "position" property values and provide
authors with a Choice attribute so that they could modify the graphic's
anchored frame "position" property if desired, which is more along the lines
of what _I_ want rather than what the original poster requested.

Thanks for your thorough explanation of "notation." Apparently my use of
"notation" in the following read/write rule is not right. Before I go through
the trouble of re-opening the structured app and testing the change, can you
tell me what I risk by simply eliminating the "notation" part of the
"notation attribute 'align' " line below?

        element "imagedata"
          {
            is fm graphic element "imagedata";
            notation attribute "align"
              {
                is fm property alignment;
                value "left" is fm property value align left;
                value "center" is fm property value align center;
                value "right" is fm property value align right;
              }
            attribute "fileref" is fm property file;
            attribute "entityref"
              {
                is fm property entity;
                is fm attribute;
              }
            attribute "width" is fm property width;
            attribute "depth" is fm property height;
            attribute "role" is fm property import size;
            attribute "condition" is fm property cropped;
          }

Thanks,

Steve Whitlatch