Re: More Printer/PDF/Font problems

At 10:52 AM 10-05-00 -0700, you wrote:
>Dmitri,
>
>Acrobat Distiller 4.0x does NOT look for any protection mechanism
>in any fonts other than Type 42 TrueType fonts.

Does this mean that if we replaced all our TrueType fonts on our NT systems
with Type 1 PostScript fonts, we would have no problems with licensing?

This would also (I hope!) solve the problem that the screen display in
FrameMaker is not strictly WYSIWYG.  Specifically, lines seem to end well
before encountering the right margin.  When printed or distilled, the lines
do indeed to to the margin.  I figure this is because the width and spacing
of the TrueType fonts used by the screen display don't jibe with the
spacing of the printed PS fonts.

Ed (dunno if I blame Adobe, MicroSoft, or malicious Fate) Treijs