Re: Windows Framemaker .ps file to Mac PDF file

I'd second your guess that it is font incompatibility...
Even though the fonts may be the same fonts, their names are likely to
be handled differently in the two environments; font imcompatibility
is always one of the big problems
with moving files.
As a test, maybe turn off  "Embed Fonts" in Distiller to see if that helps.

Art

On 10/11/05, Russ Urquhart <russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a .ps file we created from Framemaker 7.0 that we need to have
> as a pdf file.
>
> When we tried to distill the file to a pdf with Acrobat 7.0 on
> windows, but the program just stopped. No log file no nothing.
>
> I took the .ps file home to my mac system and tried distilling it
> with Acrobat 7.0 for mac OS x. It distills, but some of the font
> encoding is incorrect. (I have the same fonts, and made sure that i
> have chosen to embed those in the pdf.)
>
> It looks like that windows encodes to the .ps file different than the
> Mac.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Russ