Re: CMYK generation problems

On 6 Sep 2005, at 21:42, Verakso wrote

So besides doing all this on a Mac (which is by the way is dead..)
what is then the best way to preserve the right CMYK color in the
images, and still get a good CMYK result in the final PDF?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why not wrap all your TIFF images in a protective jacket by saving them as EPS files in Photoshop or your image editing tool of choice.

I can't comment first hand on Distiller 7's ability to preserve CMYK colors in PS files derived from FrameMaker, but I remember it being mentioned here as a "new feature."

This is what Adobe says:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324220.html>

This page has some good points, too:
<http://www.prepressure.com/pdf/apps/framemaker.htm>

FWIW, in the FrameMaker 7: The Complete Reference book by Sarah S. O'Keefe and Sheila A. Loring, as a solution to the color conversion problem, they say "Use a Mac."

As to Mac FrameMaker being dead, I guess it must be subjective, cause it's alive and kicking all around me. In fact, copies appear on eBay now and again and there are millions of Macs around that will run it.

Paul Findon
<http://www.infopage.net/fmforosx/>