Re: FrameMaker 7.2

I doubt if it is a hoax. First of all, we know that there is another version
coming out, simply based on the FrameMaker Chatauqua announcements. Second,
these features are consistent with Adobe's recent upgrades, i.e., the core
code stays the same while peripheral features are tacked on, usually via
Adobe API clients. There was (is) a third-party multiple-undos plugin
available, so we know that this can be done with an API client.

Also, the other features have to do with XML workflows, which is why some
users are so "excited" about the future of FrameMaker. Those mainly using
unstructured FrameMaker probably won't find it so exciting. Hopefully, they
will stay with the 7.2 designation, instead of calling it 8.0.

BTW, this is not to say that the mentioned features won't be useful or
welcomed. I am glad to see that FrameMaker is still being developed.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585 659-8267
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx