Re: Frame crashes on load

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:57:50 -0700, Dov Isaacs <isaacs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>And back to the XP Home versus XP Professional issue, it won't make
>a bit of difference to FrameMaker unless you store your content on
>network servers and you print to network printers. Windows XP Home
>really isn't setup for anything other than total solo usage.

I don't want to get into a religious debate here, but my recent
experience forces me to question the suitability of XP, at least
XP Home.  I was using a *brand new* HP laptop, Pavilion ze4420us,
with 768MB of memory and a 40GB drive, XP factory configured.  I
applied *all* SPs for Windows and Frame.  I'm pretty meticulous.

Yet within an hour of installation, when all that I had done was
adjust various display options for Explorer, I had an intractable
problem that ate a full day of my time.  Win 2000 Pro solved it.
I offer this in the hope of sparing others some misery, no other
agenda.  I don't blame Adobe; I suspect an MS issue, but can't
prove that.

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/