RE: Frame crashes on load

At 7/23/2004 11:16 AM, Szczesniak, Barbara wrote:
>I vaguely remember (well, it is Friday) reading on one of my mailing
>lists that you shouldn't use FrameMaker with XP Home, but it was fine
>with XP Professional. I don't remember the reasoning (it being Friday
>and all), and it was when I was still on NT (so I didn't need to care),
>but I got the impression that XP Home is to XP Pro as Microsoft Works is
>to Microsoft Word.
>
>Someone out there might be more with it today and be able to address
>this better.
>
>Barb

That's news to us here at Adobe!

There is NOTHING in FrameMaker that is specific to or relies upon
components of Windows XP Professional as opposed to Windows XP Home.

HOWEVER, if one was to recommend a version of Windows XP that is more
in tune with the needs of an enterprise user or even someone who
collaborates with others, you would definitely recommend Windows XP
Professional. (Even my teenage daughter's school' laptop requirement
specifically rules out XP Home due to its braindead networking!)

        - Dov