Re: Printer Crash: Query

Colin,

You can and normally will have multiple PostScript devices (including
the Distiller) driven by a single driver, differing only in terms of
the PPD and user-selected options associated with each of the printers.

Quite frankly, it is very hard to remotely diagnose how your IS folks
screwed your system up. I know of dozens of ways. One way is to provide
print spooling services to Windows 2000 and XP users from a Windows NT 4
system, in which case the NT 4 sends its drivers to you for your use.
Bad, bad, bad, bad! But there are other scenarios, also. Again, without
hands on your system, further speculation is useless.

        - Dov