FM+SGML: multiple attribute values

I have an FM+SGML document suite that features an element with both
multiple attributes and (optionally) multiple values, from a specific
set, per attribute.

A bit of prototyping suggests this is a modest nightmare for authors.
They have to remember the values, and type them correctly. With
single-value attributes from a specific set, authors get a drop-down menu.

Would it be possible to constrain multiple attribute value entry through
some kind of tick-box interface via work in the FDK, or AppleScript, or
something? If it's possible in theory, does it sound like a major piece
of work?

Thanks

Mark Barratt
Text Matters
37 Upper Redlands Road,            Information design:
Reading RG1 5JE, UK                We help explain things using
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313          .language
fax   +44 (0)118 931 3743          .design
email markb@textmatters.com        .systems
web   http://www.textmatters.com   .process