Re: Help!: Update Frame for Mac OSX; We Need Your Votes!

Mark,

The first range of Unicode characters are the same as the ASCII
range, so if Hedley asks for fast subset-of-XML support in say
FM 6.5 or FM 7, that version could indeed only support ASCII,
and leave full Unicode support for the full XML version (FM8?).

Although I too stress the need for full XML and full Unicode, at
this time I'd rather have a subset of both supported now and the
rest later, than a perfect full version in two years.

I'm already forced to use Epic over the next half year to setup
my XML publishing project. Once we go live, Adobe/FM has to
support XML or we end FM in ASML after 11 years of loving it.

Life is hard. The world moves on (to XML).

Cas Tuyn
Service information Systems
ASML