Re: .fm vs .e## vs .xml

on 3/31/2005 8:59 PM Luke Hoban wrote:
Robo for FrameMaker works with FM files,

Macromedia discontinued RoboHelp for FrameMaker last year. It is no longer available.

and Robo Office 5 works with MIF files.

Macromedia seems to have decided to EOL RoboHelp Office, as well.

The reason I mention Flare is that the future of Robo is the subject of some discussion ~ but it seems the guys who did robo-for-frame are now working on Flare ~ so when it comes out (and I am forced to change from my existing tools) it may be an option.

Some eHelp developers are involved in the Flare project. So far, though, Flare is just a concept with a web site. It's far too early to say whether the concept will pan out.

--
David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ www.knopf.com

 Please send follow-up questions to the list.
 Contact me directly with business inquiries or comments.