RE: FrameMaker font questions

Peter,

The Arial font installed with Windows 2000 is a Unicode font.  It contains
all of the glyphs needed for TUR, CE, CYR Greek etc.  To enable these fonts
system wide all you need to do is enable the language setting in the
Regional Settings dialog found in the Control Panel.  As for why it is
showing up in FM and not system wide, I don't know how that would happen.  I
do have a registry fix that will enable those fonts and allow you to name it
whatever you want, but I don't generally recommend that unless you have
several systems and they all don't have the exact same name for the same
font (ie 'Arial CYR' and 'Arial Cyr' are different in FM).

As for the Asian problems, I always recommend that clients work in the
correct Asian system when working on Asian documents.  In Win2K all you have
to do is set the default language and reboot.  You don't have to set the
user interface to Asian, you can leave it in English.

If you have more questions, please feel free to call me at my mobile number
(303-921-5022), That is my work phone.  I'm not very busy right now and have
plenty of time to explain it all to you.

Steve

	Stephen L. Schwedland	steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	7951 Depew Street		phone: 303-412-5424
	Arvada, CO 80003		mobile: 303-921-5022