Distiller 6.0 with FM 7.1

I've just installed FM 7.1 on Windows 2000.
At the end of the installation, I'm asked whether I'd like
to install the included Acrobat Distiller 6.0.

Since I have a full version of Acrobat already (5.0.5),
I declined, but the dialog says that I would have been
given the option to first completely uninstall a previous
version of Acrobat, *or* to install Distiller 6.0 in
parallell to my existing Acrobat installation.

Haven't we been told that Adobe doesn't support parallell
installations of different versions of Acrobat components?
Or have this changed for FrameMaker 7.1 / Acrobat 6.0 ?