Re: Distiller 6.0 with FM 7.1

Thomas:

You must be kidding! Do you expect clear and accurate information in a FM
installation message<G>?

"Parallel" here seems to imply Distiller only. I don't know if two
simultaneous Distiller installations can cause the same kind of problems
that two simultaneous Acrobat installations. Since Distiller seems to have
one purpose, converting PS to PDF, it's possible that there's no
interference between versions.

I think a greater problem would be knowing which Distiller version is in use
for background processes.

I'm sure we'll hear from the real "bare metal" Acrobat experts.

Peter

On 4/7/04 8:29 AM, "Thomas Michanek" <thomas.michanek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've just installed FM 7.1 on Windows 2000.
> At the end of the installation, I'm asked whether I'd like
> to install the included Acrobat Distiller 6.0.
>
> Since I have a full version of Acrobat already (5.0.5),
> I declined, but the dialog says that I would have been
> given the option to first completely uninstall a previous
> version of Acrobat, *or* to install Distiller 6.0 in
> parallell to my existing Acrobat installation.
>
> Haven't we been told that Adobe doesn't support parallell
> installations of different versions of Acrobat components?
> Or have this changed for FrameMaker 7.1 / Acrobat 6.0 ?

Regards,

Peter Gold
                              KnowHow ProServices
          FrameMaker training, coaching, consulting, template design
          See our new on-demand training and coaching information at:
               http://www.knowhowpro.com/schedule_of_classes.htm
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker+SGML Authoring, Acrobat 5,
                 InDesign 2, WebWorks Professional Certified trainer
                                     Phone: 612.823.7113