Re: Distiller 6.0 with FM 7.1

> "Parallel" here seems to imply Distiller only. I don't know if two
> simultaneous Distiller installations can cause the same kind of problems
> that two simultaneous Acrobat installations. Since Distiller seems to have
> one purpose, converting PS to PDF, it's possible that there's no
> interference between versions.

Not according to Dov:
"Simply stated, FrameMaker [7.1] bundles a copy of Distiller for users
who don't already have the full Acrobat product installed. If you
already have the full Acrobat product installed, installing the
bundled version of Distiller will bunnystomp on your existing
installation of full Acrobat."

And yet, the FM installer "offers" you to install Distiller 6.0
in parallell with your full Acrobat installation...
*sigh* Why can't Adobe ever learn to get their installers right?
If this is rocket science, we're a long way from putting George Bush
on Mars (or whatever that news was some time ago).

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@xxxxxxxxx
http://go.to/framers/      (updated March 30)