Re: Distiller 6.0 with FM 7.1

Thanks for the detailed correction, Thomas!

Peter

On 4/7/04 9:56 AM, "Thomas Michanek" <thomas.michanek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> "Parallel" here seems to imply Distiller only. I don't know if two
>> simultaneous Distiller installations can cause the same kind of problems
>> that two simultaneous Acrobat installations. Since Distiller seems to have
>> one purpose, converting PS to PDF, it's possible that there's no
>> interference between versions.
>
> Not according to Dov:
> "Simply stated, FrameMaker [7.1] bundles a copy of Distiller for users
> who don't already have the full Acrobat product installed. If you
> already have the full Acrobat product installed, installing the
> bundled version of Distiller will bunnystomp on your existing
> installation of full Acrobat."
>
> And yet, the FM installer "offers" you to install Distiller 6.0
> in parallell with your full Acrobat installation...
> *sigh* Why can't Adobe ever learn to get their installers right?
> If this is rocket science, we're a long way from putting George Bush
> on Mars (or whatever that news was some time ago).

Regards,

Peter Gold
                              KnowHow ProServices
          FrameMaker training, coaching, consulting, template design
          See our new on-demand training and coaching information at:
               http://www.knowhowpro.com/schedule_of_classes.htm
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker+SGML Authoring, Acrobat 5,
                 InDesign 2, WebWorks Professional Certified trainer
                                     Phone: 612.823.7113