Re: External cross-refs in XML

> > Is it feasible to create *external* cross-refs while in FM,
> > that are exported to XML elements and attributes, and then
> > correctly re-translated to the same working cross-refs
> > when the XML file is opened later? No book file is used in
> > FM, and .fm is not the storage format.
>
> Not as far as I know :(

Thanks... bad news :(
Maybe I'm missing something here, but how come external links
are so easy to do with HTML, but seems impossible in XML?
Or is this solved with XPointer/XLink or whatever it's called?
It's really such an obvious feature of any document set,
regardless of format...

BTW, I cannot even get *internal* links (cross-refs) to round-trip
between XML and FM. Sigh...

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
http://go.to/framers/