Re: External cross-refs in XML

Thomas Michanek wrote:
> I've been experimenting with creating XML equivalents
> to cross-references in FM. Is the following possible?
> (I need a fairly quick response without having to
> spend too much time experimenting or taking a course.)

Not as far as I know :(

> Is it feasible to create *external* cross-refs while in FM,
> that are exported to XML elements and attributes, and then
> correctly re-translated to the same working cross-refs
> when the XML file is opened later? No book file is used in
> FM, and .fm is not the storage format.

It might be worth moving everything into FM and the same book if you
have or can quickly make the right DTD, EDD and read/write rules. I have
a pile of FM books created for this purpose only: sometimes the quickest
way to make sure everything ties up neatly.

The alternative is either lots of manual work and/or possibly-complex XSLT.

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters