RE: Frame at Seybold Boston

At 11:15 AM 3/7/00 -0600, Craig Ede wrote:
>Adobe had a raft of people here in Minneapolis for the FrameUsers
conference >where they knew they'd encounter a lot of people interested in
FrameMaker.
But almost anyone who paid lotsa bucks to attend that conference already has FM.
>I'm glad to hear that FrameMaker was represented at Seybold. I rather doubt
>that it would be a good use of marketing dollars to expend the same
resources >on FrameMaker there as one might on, say, Photoshop or, indeed,
most of the >other Adobe products. While FrameMaker is the source of much of
my income, I am >not blind to the fact that it serves a (dare I say it?)
niche market.

>Focused marketing is the sign of good corporate decision making. (Now
that's >context.)

>Think about it. How long would a presentation have to be to reveal the
context >in which FrameMaker shines? How many passers-by of an Adobe booth
at Seybold >would hang around long enough to get the message? What
percentage of Seybold >attendees has a critical interest in technical
publishing anyway? Allocate your >marketing budget accordingly.
All well and good. Now, let's hear from someone who can cite an instance in
the last six months where Adobe's so-called "focused marketing" was used to
promote FrameMaker before an audience (either live or via print or some
other media)
of non-Frame users who were ripe for the picking.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646