Re: Is this a typical Frame/NT bug?

We use the following at our site:

Samba,
Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 (as I recall)
Solaris 2.x (though the majority are 2.5.1)
Frame 5.5.3/6 (Mainly Solaris with workers using Mac, NT and Win95/8 at home)
RCS for document cold storage (though modified with localized scripts)

We have found that MetaFrame has problems with file rights. We presume that this
is a Samba issue, and our Head of Tech Support has been solving problem after
problem incrementally (because he is a genius).

My (limited) experience with RCS tells me that rights are paramount. You have to
be a member of the the correct group or you get the very messages Ed lists.

I cannot provide an out-of-the-box solution for Ed's problems except to say that
he may have to check in docs from UNIX. Hopefully he can open a shell on his NT
machine and make sure that he is currently in the correct group (using "newgrp
foo" and the like before invoking RSC).

As you can tell from the above list, I work in UNIX and use MetaFrame to provide
me an NT Window in which I can partake of the rich experience of using a Bill
Operating system. Needless to say, I close this window at the first opportunity
so as to get back to sanity.

Hope these musings help.

--
             _   _        Michael Richards
            ( \ / )       Email:  michaelr@ind.tansu.com.au
             |   (        Fax: +61 2 9281 1301
             [___]        Intelligent Network Platforms,
             |oo |        Telstra Corporation, Australia
           ,' \  |
          <___/  |
             |   |
             |   |     HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHICKEN???