Re: Bradframers Revisited

Dan Emory wrote:

> At 12:37 PM 11/15/99 +1100, Marcus Carr wrote:
> >In what way do you feel that I'm not real? (Whatever that might mean...)
> Get real and stop pretending that your attitude about list outages typifies
> all subscribers.

I'm starting to feel like a cartoon character. Am I suffering from some wierd form
of molecular desynchronisation?

> You know nothing of the sort. I've received a number of
> off-list responses encouraging me to pursue this matter. Quality of service
> is always a a valid issue, as are the minimum acceptable standards of
> service that should be expected. It becomes even more valid because the
> subject is harshly suppressed on the BradList.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Does Brad subscribe to this list? If not,
you may as well be complaining about how your toaster's broken. This is not the
right place to whinge - you need to do it someplace where Brad will actually see it.
Have you considered emailing him directly?

> Well, how about this for why it wasn't irrelevant or a waste of bandwidth:
> For the first time in quite awhile, Bradframers has stayed up through an
> entire weekend, and, as I expected, there was a sigificant amount of
> traffic.

Not much to complain about then, eh?

> Perhaps the reason it stayed up is that I've raised the issue
> publicly, and Brad can't stop me from raising it. Let's see if it stays up
> for the next few weekends at least, without the mid-week outages that
> occurred last week.

Or perhaps whatever the problems were have been resolved. Just in case this isn't
so, if I send you a form guide, will you pick a few horses for me? :-)

I really don't want to play any more Dan - I'm too busy even if this is a bit of
sport. You'll never convince me that you're not wasting bandwidth with tirades about
your enemies, so please refrain from trying to. My questions were all rhetorical -
don't feel obliged to answer them.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au