Re: batch conversion from HTML

At 09:26 PM 10/18/99 +0000,  Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:

 >Unfortunately, we don't go in that direction.  We only *export* from
 >Frame (to RTF, WinHelp, and HTML); we do not import, nor do we know of
 >a good way to do this.  You're pretty much stuck with the native Frame
 >import filter and a lot of hand cleanup.

If volume warrants, Miramo, a database publishing tool that works with FM, can also be used as an HTML-to-FM input converter. Miramo can do heavy-duty transformations along the way, including slice-n-dice-ing the input into multiple FM files, creating FM books, TOCs, etc etc., all programmatically.

I have a small (58k zipped) file of PDFs showing a demo conversion; I would be happy to e-mail to anyone upon request (mailto:scarlisle@axialinfo.com).

(Disclaimer: Axial InfoSolutions is a Miramo reseller and consultant.)

Sheila

Sheila Carlisle
Axial InfoSolutions Inc.
"Specializing in Database Publishing