Can you control Printer paper trays from within FM?

Hi,

We use FM 556 on Win95 and are printing to various Postscript and
Postscript clone printers.

Goal: Load a printer's (multiple) paper trays with different
types/colors of papers (all the same size, though) and print an FM
document to that printer. Section dividers would print on the colored
paper, normal content on normal paper, etc.

I *am* willing to go to some lengths to do this -- so come on with the
wild ideas.

Note: I clearly understand that FM has no ability to "reach" into the
Printer Setup dialog.  I also understand that printers usually expect to
print jobs all from one paper source.

However.... What about....

-  What about embedding postscript code on FM pages that tell the
printer to switch paper trays (and then switch back to "normal" after
that page).  Perhaps then printing to PS files and distilling/printing
those from Acrobat or simply shooting the PS files straight at the
printer???

-  What about somehow using FrameScript to loop through a document and
print pages in chunks, based on certain types of pages (perhaps by the
master page they use)?  But then how do you change printer definitions
between jobs?  (I can define the same physical printer as any number of
different virtual printers, each with different job set up; print from
this tray, print from that tray -- but how do you tell FM -- from a
FrameScript script which printer to print to?)

Other ideas???

Jay

--
Jay Smith