Re: batch conversion from HTML

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:16:27 -0500, "Karen Koldyk" <kkoldyk@email.fleming.com>
wrote:

>John I went through this same process a while back. Just so I could
>maintain the HTML!!!
>
>The process I went thru was not pretty but it worked.
>
>I imported each HTML file into Word97 and then imported the Word97 file
>into Frame (might want to check out the OMYSYS filters for a cleaner
>conversion).

Unfortunately, we don't go in that direction.  We only *export* from
Frame (to RTF, WinHelp, and HTML); we do not import, nor do we know of
a good way to do this.  You're pretty much stuck with the native Frame
import filter and a lot of hand cleanup.

>I now maintain the files in Frame and export to HtML using webworks.
>Now that it's done..maintenance is a snap - but it was PAINFUL.

Now, *that* direction, to HTML, we *can* help with!  You can get just
the HTML you want without programming, for an affordable $295 including
a year of unlimited email tech support and all upgrades.  Less pain in
the pocketbook and elsewhere, with RTF for Word and WinHelp too!  See:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/mif2go.htm

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/