Re: How do I include entities?

At 05:05 PM 9/19/99 +0200, Eric Ribberink wrote:
>Hi Framers,
>
>I hope I'm simply overlooking something here, but after hours of trying, I
>still can't figure out how to include simple entities like '&eacute' etc. in
>my sgml docs.
>I created (a very simple) EDD, saved it as a DTD and had my read/write rules
>contain the #include "isoall.rw" statement.
>However when exporting a test document to sgml, nothing happens. I studied
>the Developer's Guide and still cannot think what goes wrong here. What is
>the big trick? Any suggestions or hints are welcome! Thanks for helping me
>find my way!
1. You must invoke all the applicable ISO character set PUBLIC entities in
the DTD for export. The best way to do this in the DTD is to declare and
invoke an external parameter entity that you define. In that external
parameter entity (an ASCII text file), declare each of the applicable ISO
PUBLIC entities.

2. The read/write rules files for entities outside of those in ISO Latin1
may not have rules for some of the entities you are using. Thus, you may
have to modify some of those read/write rules files to add character codes
for those entities.

3. The read/write rules for some entities specify the FmSymbol character
format. Others (e.g., those for fractions) specify variable names. If you
are using any of those entities, the FmSymbol character format and the
variable definitions for the variable names specified in the read/write
rules must be defined in the document being exported to SGML. The FmSymbol
character format must specify the Symbol font. The variable definitions for
fractions must specify nominator/denominator. You must then apply the
FmSymbol font to any character that requires the Symbol font, and you must
insert variables for the fractions.

     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646