Re: Don't Let the Rat Pack Get You Down

Dan Emory wrote:

> I am a former active poster to the framers list. I noted that Marcus Carr
> called you a "kindred spirit" to someone else who also made postings
> critical of Adobe. He was referring to me. In September, my posting
> privileges on the FrameUsers list were suspended as a direct outgrowth of
> posts that were critical of Adobe.

Come on Dan, you know that's not true, don't you? You were suspended for accusing
the list owner of acting as an unauthorised moderator of the list.

> You should know that there is a rat pack of 10-15 Adobe aplogists who
> respond like trained seals to critical posting like yours. Their purpose is
> to intimidate you. Don't let them succeed.

See, the funny thing is that Diane and the rest of the list have come to terms with
a way forward. Your ego prevents you from doing likewise - you seem to crave
confrontation and aren't interested in anything but kicking Adobe and anyone else
who disagrees with you. Diane will get answers from the other list, because she was
willing to meet the rest of the participants halfway.

> In late September of this year, a new list, "Free Framers"
> <framers@omsys.com>, was started as an alternative to the FrameUsers list.
> There are already 200+ subscribers. Many of us joined because we were fed up
> with the mismanagement of the FrameUsers list, particularly the way the list
> owner attempts to suppress the free exchange of ideas (the rat pack being
> one method).

As I have pointed out in the past, I joined this list for no such reason. I (and
possibly others) joined in the interest of having maximum coverage of Frame
discussion. In the event that you include me in your imaginary rat pack, my one and
only communication with Brad has been to complain about people quoting excessively
and sending HTML, to which I did not receive a reply. There is no conspiracy - some
people just don't agree with you.

> I strongly suggest you subscribe to the new list. You will find
> that Free Framers subscribers are usually more receptive to postings such as
> yours. Just send a message whose body has the single word "subscribe"
> (without the quotes) to majordomo@omsys.com.

I would also encourage Diane to join this list, for the same reasons that I did.
Interesting that you used the word "usually" and not "always", but then you've
recently been found to be too vitriolic for this list as well, haven't you?

I'm getting tired of your games, Dan. You can say and think what you like of me, but
your fabrication of the facts damages both the credibility of this list and your own
personal standing. Ultimately, I could see you as the only list member of
Dan@Dan.com, though I doubt if you'd get on with the owner.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au