Re: Text Replacement Macro example sought in Mif2Go

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:14:23 -0700, "Abbas Zaidi" <abuzz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I am seeking a simple example macro that replaces a text string.

You need to identify the string to be replaced by applying
a Frame char format to it, unless it is the only string in
its paragraph, in which case its Frame para format will work.
It's all in the User's Guide...

>Mif2Go help is great, but a hassle to navigate as it's implemented via
>Windows Help.

WinHelp is hard to navigate???!?

>If you have access to the Help2Txt utility (on win9x I
>believe) I'd love to be able to send the Mif2Go UserGd.hlp file, for
>conversion to text.

<gag>  No, you don't want a plain text version of the User's
Guide.  You really don't.  The thousands of xrefs in it would
not work, for one thing...

>A Macro for Text addition seems rather simple; I am looking for a quick way
>to actually replace the text.  (Either a single text-string or a longer
>piece.)

Chapter 24, "Working with Mif2Go macros", says it all.
You could read the relevant paragraphs in less time than
it took you to write this email...

>Or if someone can send me the converted Mif2Go help file, in any textual
>format, that would be great as well..  It's the window's navigation that's
>handicapping.

So I guess you don't like any of the formats we have at:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm#Mif2Go_UG

That list includes WinHelp, MS HTML Help, OmniHelp, Java Help,
Oracle Help for Java, HTML, XHTML, Word RTF, FrameMaker, and
even PDF.  Surely you could navigate in a PDF?  Or just get
the Frame version, and save it as plain text from Frame, if
you can't stand to see the hyperlinks... but that would be
**really** hard to navigate...  ;-)

>Many thanks maestro's!

HTH!

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/