From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Susie Q
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:16 PM
To: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: style questions

Forgive the not-strictly-on-topic questions, but I wonder how other
writers feel about these style choices:

1) referencing chapters, figures, tables using lowercase instead of
    upper.

    For example:

    see figure 1-5 in chapter 3, Using our Software

    instead of:

   see Figure 1-5 in Chapter 3, Using our Software

2) Using quotation marks to set off a referenced heading, instead
    of italics.

    For example:

    see "That other section I wrote" for more information

    instead of:

    see _That other section I wrote_ for more infroamtion
    (where the _section name_ would be in italics)

I'm finding both of these hard on my eyes, and wonder what
is generally used.

Thanks for any feedback --