Any way to insert a checkbox that will automatically be active in the PDF?

Hi all,
I'm creating a post-installation checklist, and I'm wondering:
Is there a way to add a checkbox to the Frame file so that it will
function (i.e., click and the box fills in) without doing additional
work in Acrobat? I don't want to have to manually add the checkboxes
every time I revise the file.
thanks,
Ananda

K. Ananda Stevens
GE Healthcare
Technologies

T 1 847 704 8626
D *685 8626
E ananda.stevens@xxxxxx
www.ge.com

800 Business Center Drive
Mt Prospect, IL, 60622, USA
GE Medical Systems Information Technologies