RE: hidden definitions/uses of missing fonts

>> I just switched machines, and I am now plagued by missing font
>> messages. {And I've scrubbed the Frame-accessible char/para/
>> table formats.}

> 1. Uncheck Remember Missing Font Names.
> 2. Open files with missing fonts.
> 3. Save files.

I did try this...and it did not work for the files I tested.

> the next option is to save all the files as MIF ... and use grep
> (or some such) to globally eliminate references to the missing fonts.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a utility that will semi-automate
this...?

> all the machines should have their fonts coordinated/match,
> so the authoring platforms are identical
Yup, that's the plan. However, our font depository on the server went
poof, and we're still trying to figure out the mappings of PostScript
font file names to the actual font names.

Thanks muchly,

Ananda

K. Ananda Stevens
GE Healthcare
Technologies

T 1 847 704 8626
D *685 8626
E ananda.stevens@xxxxxx
www.ge.com

800 Business Center Drive
Mt Prospect, IL, 60622, USA
GE Medical Systems Information Technologies