RE: hidden definitions/uses of missing fonts

Ananda Stevens wrote:

> I just switched machines, and I am now plagued by missing
> font messages.
> I've checked and double-checked the paragraph and character
> definitions, and know they aren't used there. I know all of
> the usual places to look (table def'ns, reference pages,
> etc), but for six different books with goodness knows how
> many chapters, I just don't have the time to manually fix them all.
>
> Does anyone know of a utility to help clean these files?
>
> Has anyone found a good procedure for manually cleaning a
> boatload of files?

1. Uncheck Remember Missing Font Names.
2. Open files with missing fonts.
3. Save files.

FM will replace the missing fonts with a specified (in maker.ini)
substitute or, lacking a specific mapping, the default family (also
specified in maker.ini). Since you're certain that you're not using the
missing fonts, this should solve your problem.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs