Re: Mif2Go Character Mapping

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:28:48 -0400, "Rick Quatro"
<frameexpert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I want them to pass through as is without any conversion. Thanks.

Then perhaps you want:

[HTMLOptions]
Encoding=None

which does *not* produce valid HTML (which does not allow "no"
conversion), but may be useful under special circumstances.
For example, one of our Russian customers uses it for Cyrillic
to reduce the size of the HTML files.  See the User's Guide,
pars. 12.3.3, "Specifying character encoding for HTML", and
13.3.2, "Specifying character encoding for XML", for a rather
complete discussion of this point.

You might also read par. 18.4.4, "Mapping special characters",
for another method of specifying explicit exceptions for
particular characters, as in:

[CharConvert]
; em space is 0x2003, decimal 8195, becomes three nonbreaking spaces
8195=&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

HTH!

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/