Re: FrameMaker UI

Element-level drag and drop has always been available in FM+SGML/Structured FM, in the structure window.

Starting I think in FM 6, but perhaps earlier, "Quick Copy," is a little-known useful feature for copying text TO the insertion point, by Alt+dragging source text. Search for quick copy in FM help, then choose Text Editing for your platform, Mac, Windows, or unix.

Note to all on this thread: Don't forget that you can submit product enhancement requests at Adobe.com.

Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices

* Drag and Drop.

Going all the way back to the beginning of this thread, Wayne said he wants
Drag&Drop...
Just wanted to comment that drag&drop is not a universally loved feature...
In those other programs that do offer it, I really wish there were a way to
turn it off.