Re: FrameMaker UI

Drag and drop is more of an acquired taste. Once you get accustomed to using
it, it can be a very efficient way to work. Probably the best way to
implement it is like InDesign CS2: it is a preference setting that you can
turn on or off.

Let me add a UI complaint: how about a "Don't show this again" checkbox in
some of the warning dialog boxes. For example, open a FrameMaker document
and choose Special > Table of Contents. I don't want to see this dialog box
anymore, so there should be a way to suppress it.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585 659-8267
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.frameexpert.com

> And I thought I had escaped this thread and could sit back and enjoy it.
;-)

> I think it's all a matter of how you work. I've been so accustomed to drag
and drop for so long now working until recently predominantly on the Mac OS,
that it has become second nature and I really enjoy it. I also agree that
what makes one person happy won't necessarily make everybody happy.

> I do find in those cases where I accidentally drop text in a location
where I didn't mean to, cmd-z, or ctrl-z seems to put things back into the
proper location.