RE: FrameMaker's Future

>>Multiple links per entry is probably the rule given how Epic creates
>>links. Whether 7 is truly an average multiplier or not is hard to say. I'd
>>be willing to run some numbers against our documents if you teach me how
>>to highlight/count the links.
>
>To highlight the links, open the PDF in Acrobat and activate the Link tool
>(link rectangles are displayed).

I highlighted the links in a recently Epic-produced PDF. It looks like they have about the same number of boxes per link.

> To count the links, I use the Link Checker plug-in. My comment is related

Don't have access to that.

> to TOC pages; I saw a similar problem with indexes. To check the number of
> links in such pages, the pages can be extracted first into a separate,
> temporary PDF.

Epic indexes are built essentially the same way as Epic TOCs, so I would expect them to have multiple links per entry as well.

------
Paul Nagai
Tsunami relief portal:
http://www.networkforgood.org/