Re: Oh dear, ...Page Count

> Ah, the light dawns! I'd never used it for total pages in a book before,
> just a file. I've used "page x of totalpages" in the footer often
> Is there any way to modify the built in variables to use the one that has
> "page x of totalpages" to drop the first part and just keep the total page > count for the book?

I'm not sure I understand, because the default Page Count variable
is defined as <$lastpagenum>, nothing more. It's quite possible to
redefine this variable to whatever you want, by editing it while
you're on the Master pages (otherwise you won't see the variable
in the variable list).

However, <$lastpagenum> always means the last page number of the
current FILE, not the book, so it won't work as you expect.
That's why you have to kludge it with a cross-reference.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@xxxxxxxxx
http://go.to/framers/