Re: TIFF VS. EPS?

Jon,

"Composite color printing" is in contrast to printing "separations."
In the former case, you are creating a single PostScript file with
all the color information in it. In the latter case, you are producing
a PostScript file with separate "pages" for each of the color components
-- cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and any spot colors.

I very specifically used the term "painstakingly" because simply telling
Photoshop to change from RGB to CMYK may not necessarily yield the colors
you want or need. What may be "good enough" for some may be "totally
unacceptable" to others. I don't consider myself a color expert, but
I respect the complexity of the issues associated with color management.
Painstaking may be an understatement when dealing with all these issues
and making sure that there is rhyme, reason, and consistency in one's
color management workflow.

I personally don't know of any "readable" white papers that can really
introduce you to issues of color and color management. Sorry.

        - Dov