Re: Print/driver questions

This "technician" is at best stretching some fact into fiction
to cover his *ss!

Certain applications, notably the high-end publishing applications
such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PageMaker, Acrobat, and
Quark XPress in fact generate most, but not all of their own PostScript.
The PostScript driver typically supplies the device-dependent setup
code and funnels the application-generated PostScript to the correct
queue for subsequent printing. Such applications work in conjunction
WITH the driver setup with its PPD file. No PostScript printer driver
instance properly setup with a PPD file, no PostScript output.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it! FrameMaker under Windows relies entirely
on the PostScript driver for all of its PostScript creation except for
some aspects of PDF information that it inserts as PDFMark into the
PostScript stream as well as EPS file setup and restore code.

        - Dov