Updating a Character format

I have a Book containing 15 files all of which were created at
different times and eventually brought into the Book. I have imported
all of the formats into each document so each file matches the other
with regard to formatting.

I am using a Character format which is used in each document. The
Character format is used in a Paragraph tag on the numbering page
(<$chapnum>). I have changed the Character formatting (same name just
different characteristics) and have been looking for a way to update
all of my Book documents without having to open each one (sadly I have
done this several times already).

So is there a way to update this format across many documents? I have
tried using the Find and Change approach without any success (Frame can
not seem to find the building block which contains the Character
formatting I wish to change).

TIA

Daniel Reagan

Frame 6.0