Uninstalling fonts (was Problems with FM 6.0 installation)

Thomas' message prompted me to have a look at my Fonts folder. I run Win2K
and mistakenly thought that ATM was continuing to handle my PostScript
fonts. I also knew my system was burdened by too many unnecessary fonts,
and sure enough, there are 747 of them on my system. It is time to
uninstall a bunch of these.

I remember a discussion wherein we were warned not to uninstall certain
fonts lest we hose our system. Can someone tell me which fonts are required
by FrameMaker and Windows?

Thanks,

Carol

At 05:21 PM 1/7/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>No, you don't need ATM on Windows 2000 unless you use Multiple Master
>fonts or you need the font managing capabilities of ATM (like grouping
>fonts into sets and activating them).
>
>The PSFONTS folder is used by ATM, but not by the built-in font
>management in Windows 2000 (AFAIK). In that OS, you should install
>fonts ONLY by using the Fonts control panel. By trying to manually
>add font files in the supposedly correct folders, you will mess up
>the font installations.

Carol J. Elkins         A Written Word
Technical writing, indexing, & editing
Phone: 719-948-3773