Re: Assigning master pages

At 11:39 AM 1/3/03 -0500, Peter Desjardins wrote:

>I've implemented this by assigning a "firstpage" master page to an element tag found at the beginning of each document.  A "lastpage" master page is assigned to an element tag that is always last in the documents.  Unfortunately, if the document has only one page, both of the trigger elements occur on the page  and Framemaker has to choose one master page to assign.

Peter,
  When a page contains more than one element mapped to a master page, I believe FrameMaker
chooses the page associated with the element that occurs first. Is that what you want
in this case? Are you getting different results?
  Let me know if FrameMaker does not address your situation. Tassos Anastasiou and I
have also developed an FDK client that assigns master pages based on the elements that
appear on the page. Its functionality overlaps that of FM 7.0; each approach handles
some cases the other does not. Our client currently allows the user to specify the
master page to use on the first page of an element, on the last page of an element,
and on all pages of an element. We are considering also recognizing the case of an
element fitting on a single page.
	--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in FrameMaker+SGML consulting and training
lprice@txstruct.com
http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505
cell phone: (510) 421-2284