WOW! (Minor brag)

I run W2k at work with Frame 6.

I did an upgrade for security to Norton Anti-Virus and also to Windows.

Not a fatal mistake, but and annoyance crept in - all the shortcuts on the
desktop now show .lnk as does the program menu.

Aha, I thought, I'll export the registry and get a copy of the registry
from another W2k machine and run a diff.  But I'm not on *nix.

So I copied each into a Frame document and did a compare.

What I hadn't expected was that each file was over 6450 pages!  28 megs each.

I went to a long lunch while it did the compare but it did not choke on a
12900+ compare.

Fortunately I don't have to read the whole output of 1800 pages, I can
search for what I need with Find.

All I can say is WOW!

Allen Schaaf
Technical writing
<soundbyte@sound-by-design.com>

Despite direct awareness of what competition does to people..., some
individuals persist in claiming that its effects are constructive.  This is
a powerful example of how it is possible to adjust our beliefs so as to
escape the threatening realization that we have been subjecting ourselves
to something terrible, that we have internalized a corrosive personality
attribute.
         Alfie Kohn
         "NO CONTEST - The Case Against Competition"