Re: Gigantic .PS files and errors in .PDFs (LONG)

Charles: I note that one of the error messages suggests turning Optimize
off. Did you try turning off Optimize PDF in the Distiller job options. I
know that will probably make the file even bigger, but if the book is
successfully distilled, you can open it in Acrobat and save it with
Optimize turned on.

Another thought: Have you tried printing to Distiller to produce a separate
PDF for each file in the book (use an asterisk for the filename in the
Print Only to file slot of the Print dialog)? If you have success going
that route, it would seem almost certain that the problem is an inadequate
size of your swap file or virtual memory.

At 11:46 AM 2/22/02 +0000, Charles Hawtrey wrote:
>Can somebody from Adobe help with points raised here?
>
> >- Distiller creates a PDF but then says "Errors in PDF - suggest
> >recreating with Optimize turned off" (or similar)

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663