Re: help! overlaying graphics?

David,

No problem at all.  You can straddle both columns and rows by selecting
them (^ click or shift click depending what you are doing) and use the
Table > Straddle command, but it is very tricky to do more than straddle
rows or columns, i.e. rows and columns.

Also make sure you play with the insertion point of the graphic to get the
best result.

Another caveat is that often if you insert a graphic over two or more rows
you will have to adjust the row height for each row as it throws out the
smooth sizing of the text rows associated with the graphic.

FWIW,

Allen Schaaf
Sr. Tech Writer
Fourelle Systems, Inc.

Who says bad manuals aren't a risk to your life?  Just ask the passengers
of the jet where the engine caught fire because the company's maintenance
manual was wrong about how to install one key bolt.  (NTSB Report on GE CF6
engine fire, American Airlines flight 574, July 9, 1998.
<http://www.ntsb.gov/publictn/1999/AAB9903.htm>)