RE: FrameMaker not deleting empty pages on save [SUMMARY]

 Hedley wrote:

The "Make Page Count Even" command does ONLY that.  It does
     not check to see if any pages are empty and does not delete them.
     [I think this is incorrect.  It always has in past with this
     particular template when the pages had no content on them.]

Hedley,

Well, maybe that's not how it's -supposed- to work, but that's what it does
on my system (FM6/WinNT4).  I tried it on 3 files.  Same thing every time.

The only time it deletes an empty page (for me) on save is when there is
only one empty page.  Don't ask me why, I haven't a clue.

I have a feeling that you are right in how it's supposed to work because I
would think that Adobe would have included a "delete empty pages and make
page count even" choice in the dialog box if that were needed.  Based on
your message, I suspect that it works as designed on unix but not on
windows.  What does it do on your Mac?

Dick