RE: Master Page Updates

Thanks to all who gave me advice on this master page problem. It turned out
to be something of which I was totally unware. All autconnected text frames
in a flow must have the same characteristics, i.e. you can not have a text
frame without side heads on page one and frames with side heads on all other
pages. And, if you change the characteristics of one frame in the body
pages, all frames get changed.

The solution is to re-layout master page First so the boiler plates on page
one are positioned properly with side heads. Another solution is to manually
add page two as a disconnected body page associated with the L/R master
pages. All subsequent pages then follow the L/R masters.

Now maybe I can get some work done.

Jim

James Stauffer wrote:

>I'm about to put my foot through the screen. I've spent the past hour
trying
>to get the body pages to accept the master pages changes I've made.
>
>This is FM 6.0 on NT 4.0. I inherited this doc from a former writer so I
>don't know its origins. I was trying to change the format by modifying the
>Left/Right master pages. The dimensions of text frames have been changed
and
>a side head added. When shifting back to the body changes, I don't get the
>warning about format overrides and the body pages do not reflect the
>changes.
>
>There are only three master pages -- First, Left and Right. I've done
Master