Re: unavailable fonts

There is a Distiller option to embed all the fonts used in the FrameMaker
document. When fonts are embedded in a PDF file, the PDF document displays
properly regardless of whether the particular platform has all of the fonts
installed on it.
At 11:29 AM 12/21/01 -0500, Foster, David wrote:
>To save my FrameMaker documents as PDF, I'm printing to postscript (using
>the Acrobat Distiller printer driver). Helvetica (and possibly others) fonts
>are, evidently, unavailable, which causes the predictable messiness when
>it's time to print -- files that aren't already opened can't be opened for
>printing (because they use unavailable fonts), and when you do open them (by
>reformatting using available fonts), cross-references are broken.
>
>Questions:
>1. Is there a way to search a file for fonts that were substituted when the
>original was unavailable?
>2. Where can I see the fonts that are supported by the Acrobat Distiller
>printer driver?
>3. Is there a way to avoid this nonsense when switching between printing to
>a file (for PDF) and printing to a printer?
>
>Thanks!
>David

>** with "unsubscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.   **

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663