Re: MetaEDD Editing

True enough Lynne.
Now, how do I get just the tag contents without the prefix? It would seem the
darn thin isn't stripped when using elementtextonly.

Although I'm feeling a little silly now. Didn't remember/realise that you can
change the name of a variable in the Variable dialog. Just keep the name and
contents the same. Looks like I'll start using them then.

This leads to another question:
I'm currently using the plug-in EZVariables. Unfortunately, it displays the
variables in order created and not alphabetically. Is there any way to have FM
rearrange the variables internally or do I have to take it up with the plugin
developer?

Eric L. Dunn

"Lynne A. Price" <lprice@txstruct.com> on 2001-10-25 06:39:01 PM

Eric,
  To use a cross-reference in an EDD you'd have to change the metatemplate
to have a cross-reference element defined. Furthermore, you'd need a
cross-reference
format that picks up the tag of the element you're defining without its prefix.
  It might be easier to just use variables for all tags, both when you define
them
and when you use them.
     --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in FrameMaker+SGML consulting and training
lprice@txstruct.com
http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505