Re: Help!: Update Frame for Mac OSX; We Need Your Votes!

Hi.
In general I agree with Dov.
It is obvious Adobe has two very significant historically  for document
management area Non-Cooltype applications:
1. PageMaker 6.5 and 7
2. FrameMaker/Frame+SGML 6 and next 7

No CoolType engine in an application - no Unicode and OpenType support
No Unicode - no XML
No XML - no new Frame+XSGML 8
No Unicode - no any new languages (Greek, CE or Cyrillic i.e.) support in
these applications
No Unicode - no cross-platform transparent document opening
No OpenType support - no advanced typhography use (ligatures, old style,
capitel) and cross-platform document/font utilization.
And so on.

Carbon/Cocoa requred as least primitive Unicode support in an application .
MacOS X requred it too.
Frame won't become "Carbonized" until it has been rewritten for the
CoolType/AGM model.
Frame 7 is not rewritten for it as it's clear for any person.
Let's wait Frame 8.

I am not interesting in PageMaker 7, I don't need Frame/Frame+SGML 7.

Dmitri Yunov
L10n Expert
yudmi@star.spb.ru

STAR-Group, Russian Department